Job Description – Finance Assistant
Following recent growth, we are recruiting for a Finance Assistant to work in our Stockyards Department and help with our continued success as a leading specialist Construction Contractor, involved in high profile projects throughout the UK. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who will be an integral part in the smooth running of the department.
To assist in the effective running of the accounts department of the business within the group structure. Managing all financial activities, supporting the Stockyards Manager to ensure the successful delivery of the company accounts, in line with current governance and legislation.
The below sets out what is required of the above position. It is your sole responsibility to lead in delivering the below items, with the support of the Senior Management Team. These are aligned to the strategic business needs and values within the business, which are: Quality – Safety – Sustainability – Committed – Consistency – Innovative – Integrity – Professional.
Role Responsibilities Include:
- Daily reconciliation of the bank account, to ensure all bank payments and receipts are correct and posted.
- Manage all invoices, to include reconciling with purchase orders, any statements and managing errors and credits through to final release for payment.
- Manage monthly payments in line with the current company procedures.
- Perform general accounts / administrative duties to include filing, data entry, assisting with the annual audit and end of year archiving.
- Checking and processing expenses.
- To assist with the month end reconciliations.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and managers
- Maintain regular consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, personal appearance and always adhere to relevant health & safety procedures.
- To be responsible for the creation and achievement of your own personal development plan with the support and agreement of your line manager.
This role requires the following skills and experience:
- 2+ years experience of accounting procedures and protocols
- Some working knowledge of Accounts Software (Sage 50 of preference)
- Strong IT skills, including Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- Excellent Communication Skills & a flexible, proactive attitude
- Strong organisational skills including the ability to prioritise and manage time effectively.
This role requires the following personal attributes:
- Natural high attention to detail
- Pragmatic approach to problem solving
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work as part of a team
- A Permanent Full Time position based at our Poole Head Office
- Competitive Salary Package (£18,000 – £24,000 per annum)
- 28 days Holiday (inclusive of Bank Holidays)
- Excellent Career Progression & Training Opportunities
- Pension Contribution Scheme
- Private Healthcare option
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free hot and cold drinks and fresh fruit delivered daily
If you think you are the right candidate to help deliver our goals, Apply Now!
SMD are an equal opportunities employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £19,000.00 to £24,000.00 /year
- Finance: 2 years (Required)